According to the registration statistics compiled by the American Kennel Club, the Labrador Retriever is the most popular pure bred dog in the greater Seattle area.
In a recent press release, the American Kennel Club® (AKC) announced the Labrador retriever is, once again, the most popular purebred dog in the country. “Labrador Retriever lovers have again spoken – the playful, family friendly breed remains the number one most popular breed in the U.S. for the 22nd consecutive year, tying with the Poodle for the longest reign in the top spot.” Read the rest of their article here.
“Bigger breeds are making their move,” said AKC Spokesperson Lisa Peterson.” The popularity of the pint-sized, portable pooch just gave way to a litter of larger breeds in the Top 10. These predictable, durable, steady breeds, like Labs and Goldens, are great with kids and offer the whole family more dog to love.” More than twice as many Labs were registered than any other breed making it a likely leader for many years to come.
Labrador Retriever Puppies For Sale in Washington
Our Labs can be found across the country in forty (40) states from the great Southwest to historic New England, from frigid Alaska to the Sunshine state. Located near Laurel Hill, NC, we have shipped more than 8,000 world class Labrador retriever puppies and adults to locations as far away as Alaska. We can easily deliver our guaranteed Labs to your location in the state of Washington. For details, Visit our Puppy Page or call Woody or Judi for up-to-the-minute puppy information at 910.462.3246 or use our user-friendly Contact Us Page.
Labrador Retriever Puppy Guarantee
At Twin Lakes Kennel, we have been breeding and training world class Labrador retrievers for almost forty years. Our industry setting Puppy Guarantee makes buying one of our pure-bred Labrador retrievers one of the wisest decisions you will ever make. But don’t take our word for it. Read the personal testimonials from prominent Labrador Retriever owners from around the country. Visit our Puppy Page or call Woody or Judi for up-to-the-minute puppy information at 910.462.3246.
Did you know…
- During the Great Depression, a series of hydroelectric dams were constructed along the Columbia river as part of a project to increase the production of electricity. This culminated in 1941 with the completion of the Grand Coulee Dam, the largest dam in the United States.
- State Motto: On November 11, 1889, Washington became the 42nd state to enter the Union. It is the only state named for a president. Washington was nicknamed “The Evergreen State” by C.T. Conover, pioneer Seattle realtor and historian, for its abundant evergreen forests. The nickname was adopted by the Legislature in February, 1893.
- State Flower: Coast Rhododendron
- State Tree: Western hemlock
- State Bird: Willow Goldfinch