Recently announced by the American Kennel Club (AKC), the Labrador Retriever is, once again, the most popular pure bred dog in the United States.
The American Kennel Club® (AKC) announced, in a recent press release, that “the intelligent, family friendly breed has taken the #1 spot on the most popular list for the 23rd consecutive year, the longest reign at the top in AKC history.”
“Labrador Retriever lovers have spoken!” The popularity of the pint-sized, portable pooch just gave way to a litter of larger breeds in the Top 10. These predictable, durable, steady Labs are great with kids and offer the whole family more dog to love.
“Owning bigger breeds… have been on the rise during the past five years,” said AKC Spokesperson Lisa Peterson. “As the economy has improved, people are turning back to the big dogs they love…” Read the rest of their article here
Labrador Retriever Puppies For Sale in Delaware
Our Labs can be found across the country in forty (40) states from the great Southwest to historic New England, from frigid Alaska to the Sunshine state. Located near Laurel Hill, NC, we have shipped more than 8,000 world class Labrador retriever puppies and adults to locations as far away as Alaska. We can easily send our guaranteed Labs to your location in the state of Delaware. For details, Visit our Puppy Page or call Woody or Judi for up-to-the-minute puppy information at 910.462.3246 or use our user-friendly Contact Us Page.
Labrador Retriever Puppy Guarantee
At Twin Lakes Kennel, we have been breeding and training world class Labrador retrievers for almost forty years. Our industry setting Puppy Guarantee makes buying one of our pure-bred Labrador retrievers one of the wisest decisions you will ever make. But don’t take our word for it. Read the personal testimonials from prominent Labrador Retriever owners from around the country. Visit our Puppy Page or call Woody or Judi for up-to-the-minute puppy information at 910.462.3246.
Did you know…
- Delmar is popularized as the little town too big for one state. The community has the distinction of being located partly in Delaware and partly in Maryland.
- State Motto: “The First State”: Delaware is known by this nickname due to the fact that on December 7, 1787, it became the first of the 13 original states to ratify the U.S. Constitution. “The Diamond State”: This nickname was given to Delaware, according to legend, by Thomas Jefferson because he described Delaware as a “jewel” among states due to its strategic location on the Eastern Seaboard. “Blue Hen State”: This nickname was given to Delaware after the fighting Blue Hen Cocks that were carried with the Delaware Revolutionary War Soldiers for entertainment during Cock fights. “Small Wonder”: This nickname is basically a new nickname. It was given to Delaware due to its size and the contributions it has made to our country as a whole and the beauty of Delaware.
- State Flower: Peach Blossom
- State Tree: American holly
- State Bird: Blue Hen Chicken